Random Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Difficult Game


I recently finished another tough game on LSS.  What made this one so difficult was the fact that there were a few critical points in the ending.  But before that the most difficult decision was when I went for a position that involved a material imbalance.  As I have posted before, these positions are very difficult to evaluate because you have different engines telling you what the best move is plus the fact that engines sometimes put more emphasis on material than they should (for example, see the post below, Dilemma of the Engines).  This can make entering into those variations very dicey and, not being good enough to really know if the engines are feeding me good advice or not, I spent a lot of time analyzing my decision.  It turned out I was right…this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment